WWW.KOOKIBERKSonline.TK

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WWW.KOOKIBERKSonline.TK
WWW.KOOKIBERKSonline.TK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KC Concepcion in Uganda for UN mission

Go down

KC Concepcion in Uganda for UN mission Empty KC Concepcion in Uganda for UN mission

Post by anne_cealydar Sun 23 Jan 2011, 8:39 am

KC Concepcion in Uganda for UN mission
KC Concepcion in Uganda for UN mission Kc_33
By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
January 17, 2011, 4:24pm

MANILA, Philippines - Actress-TV host KC Concepcion has embarked on her first-ever mission outside the Philippines as the country’s United Nations World Food Programme Ambassador Against Hunger.

KC flew to the poverty-stricken Uganda in Africa last Jan. 14 for a three-day mission together with her team mates at the UN WFP.
Through a text message to “The Buzz” host Charlene Gonzales, KC gave the following update on Jan. 16:

“Hi, please pray for me, I’m still in Uganda. We’re going on a 10-hour road trip with no signal for two days. Today we’re going to a remote area to introduce World Food Programme for work intervention.”
She added that the “place is so backwards,” and the land “so barren, no water” that locals are left with no choice but “drink cow’s blood.”

Being dedicated to her post, KC was truly excited about her trip, as she related in an interview with “TV Patrol Weekend” on Jan. 15.

“Tatlong taon ko pong hinintay itong pagkakataong ito na makita po ‘yung… trabaho po ng UN World Food Programme sa ibang bansa,” she said.
She, however, is also tense because of the prevalence of malaria in Uganda. In preparation for her trip, KC related via Twitter last Jan. 10 that she got malaria shots.

“Uso po ‘yung malaria do’n so kaya nga po kinakabahan po ako sobra. Tsaka lahat ng mga insect repellant, lahat ng mga long sleeves, tsaka may medyas talaga ako [na dinala] para 'pag natulog ako [may protection],” KC told “TV Patrol.”
The 25-year-old showbiz royalty said she’s “just glad that I can help out in whatever capacity.”

"I represent the UN not only here in the Philippines but also wherever they think I should go, in this case, Africa. I've gone to Mindanao several times and so this for me is also a learning experience never having been to Africa. Conflicts all over the world result in the same kind of suffering and pain for the affected populations. We share a common predicament as human beings whether in Mindanao or Uganda. We go all over to draw as much attention to these conflicts and the efforts of the UN.
“...So this month, nasa Africa ako and in the next few months I'm sure nasa Mindanao ulit ako at kung saan man ako makakatulong,” KC was quoted as saying in a PEP Scoopbox post last Jan. 16.
As ambassador of the WFP, KC previously launched an online auction for the benefit of children, particularly in tension-affected areas in Mindanao called “KC’s Closet.” The same PEP Scoopbox post stated that the singer has released a new batch of items up for auction.

KC is expected to return to the country in about a week.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/298988/kc-concepcion-uganda-un-mission

anne_cealydar
anne_cealydar

Back to top Go down