WWW.KOOKIBERKSonline.TK

KC, UN official condemn bus bombing

Go down

Post by vhelski on Thu 27 Jan 2011, 5:52 pm

By Reyma Buan-Deveza, abs-cbnNEWS.com
Posted at 01/27/2011 12:43 PM | Updated as of 01/27/2011 12:43 PM

MANILA, Philippines - United Nations-World Food Program (UN-WFP) national ambassador KC Concepcion condemned the bus bombing in Makati that happened last Tuesday which killed 5 people and injured 13 others.

"Iba-iba naman ang motibo ng ganoong klaseng sitwasyon, so it takes a little bit of analysis before you come to a conclusion kung bakit. I think, at the end of the day, there's danger, and we can't deny that there are two sides of the same coin. So it's a reality, but at the same time, in every evil act, there's always 10 good acts. So, wala na tayong magagawa kung hindi magsama-sama na lang at magtulungan," she said.

The actress expressed hope for an end to the violence.

"I'm always on the side of peace, peace doesn't mean you're passive, that's also going to a battle," she said.

Asaka Nyangara, deputy country director of UN-WFP, described the bombing as an "inhumane act," and wishes that authorities will finally get the people responsible for the incident.

"About the incident that occurred yesterday [Jan. 25], we join the Philippine community in condemning it in the strongest terms possible. And we also wish to see that those who did inhumane acts are brought to justice because it's inhuman. I'm glad that authorities are working day and night to get to the bottom of the matter. We do hope that it doesn't happen again in the future, and we do hope that measures will be in place to ensure that that kind of activity, that kind of act will not occur again," Nyangara said.

Concepcion and Nyangara were interviewed at a press conference where the actress shared her experiences about her trip to Uganda, Africa, as part of her civic work in helping end world hunger.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/01/27/11/kc-un-official-condemn-bus-bombing?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
vhelski
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum